Smooth, clear and supple skin. It is one of those things you keep hearing about, seeing on other people but never seem to have. There is a huge chance that you have tried your luck with several products. What if I told you there was a cheaper and natural way to move towards your goals.
Fruits. Aren’t they the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear healthy food? That is because they are packed with so many nutrients that nourish your body. A healthy body goes with healthy skin and beneath, you will see some of the fruits that can help you with this.
Most people know how important vitamin C is to health. The benefits of vitamin C to the skin are extremely useful to know. Vitamin C helps with the laying down of collagen fibers thereby facilitating wound healing and tissue regeneration. This fights the appearance of wrinkles by maintaining firmness. Also, the natural oils contained within oranges hydrate the skin and plump it up.
You can use oranges in several ways.
- By eating it. This way you take advantage of the fibers also which facilitate guy health.
- Orange slices immersed in a glass of water. Water can be so bland sometimes but it helps flush out toxins. Adding a tasty orange to your glass at the start of the day is a delicious solution to bland water and, of course, bad skin.
- Applying it directly on your skin helps it really benefit from the natural oils. The vitamin C gets rid of pigmentation. Just leave it on for 15 mins and rinse off with clean water.
Cucumber is 98% water and is, therefore, very hydrating. It is very soothing to the skin. The cucumber peel is high in vitamins K and vitamin C.
Cucumbers could help in skin whitening and minimizing appearance of fine lines. Slices can be placed on the eyes to clear up dark circles and puffiness. When taking out your daily water, make sure to add some cucumber slices to stay cool all day.
Also known as paw-paw. It is a delicious, juicy fruit that is packed with vitamin A, C, and B. It is highly effective at giving your skin that glow it seeks. It is especially great at moisturizing the skin when applied topically. Eaten, it will improve your digestive system and minimize occurrence of constipation.
- You can mash it up and add some honey to make a soothing face mask.
- With a teaspoon of grounded lemon peels, jojoba oil and a little rose water, you can create the scrub that smoothens your face out.
9 out of 10 parts of a watermelon is water, making it a tremendously hydrating source for your skin, especially if you have oily and acne-prone one. A watermelon is also a great source of vitamins C, A, B1, B6, and lycopene, which helps in scavenging the free oxygen radicals and prevents skin damage. There are various ways you can fit a piece of watermelon into your daily diet for a glowing skin.
- Apply a piece of watermelon on your skin and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Immerse it into your daily water and drink in the early morning or evening.
- For oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth, and 1 teaspoon of rose water to make a face mask. Apply it on the face, then wash it off with cold water after the mask dries off.
- For dry skin, similar thing. Make a mask out of 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera. And rinse off after 10 minutes.
Probably the least expected on the list, but did you know using banana peel can remove acne scars really well? The skin healing benefit of banana is attributed to its rich source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, E, and folate, as well as other minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. These minerals make banana an excellent natural moisturizer for your skin. Here are the easiest way to apply a banana to make your skin glow.
- Add banana to your oatmeal for breakfast
- Add banana to your smoothie
- If you have a sweet tooth, get a banana muffin or banana bread next time you go shopping
- Apply smashed banana over your skin to make it soft and supply instantly
These are the top 5 fruits we recommend adding to your daily diet this summer. Make sure to stay off deep fried and oily stuff. Consume more fruits, veggies, fish oil, nuts and drink enough water to achieve the best results for a glowing skin. And if you're a water drinker and want to add flavor to your daily hydration, get our fruit infuser bottle so your water won't taste bland and boring, which will help your body and your skin hydrated quicker and easier throughout the day.